Carolyn's Daily Posts: 2011

September 5, 2011

Should NYC Include Clergy in 10th Anniversary of 9/11?


CAROLYN’S DAILY POSTS: 2011

SHOULD NYC INCLUDE CLERGY IN

10TH ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11?

     The poll results were in: 94% of those polled thought New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg should reverse his decision to disallow clergy to take part in the 10th anniversary commemoration of the September 11, 2001, attacks. The remaining 6% agreed with the Mayor’s decision.

     Perhaps this poll was taken questioning a conservative Christian population, but I highly doubt that the results would vary much across the United States. This is a country that, at least allegedly, claims to be a Christian country. People turn to their faith in unexplainable—and explainable—disasters.

     This is one reason that leaving out a major part of our culture during the September 11 commemoration observances could turn what should be a sacred event into a divisive event.

     Should the Mayor back down? Perhaps he never should have visited his decision in the first place. What do you think? How did you come to that conclusion? I invite you to express your opinion in the comment box below.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ADDITIONAL READING:

FLIGHT 93 CRASH SITE MEMORIAL

Staycation Day Trip: Somerset County, PA

QUECREEK MINE DISASTER: A 21st Century Historical Site in Somerset County, PA

www.carolyncholland.wordpress.com

www.beanerywriters.wordpress.com

Advertisements

1 Comment »

  1. […] Should NYC Include Clergy in 10th Anniversary of 9/11? […]

    Pingback by 9/11: 13 Years Later—2014 | CAROLYN'S COMPOSITIONS — September 11, 2014 @ 3:01 am | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: